Wednesday 8 December 2010

White papers only! And such a cutie!

 Hi everyone, how are you all doing in the Big Freeze? It's been -16 degrees here - Brrrrrrr! Definate hot water bottle and bed socks weather - not the sexiest of sleepwear but essential methinks! At least the roads are a bit more passable now.
Well onto this weeks card, the challenge this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge is white papers only, so I dug out my doodlebug papers and edged them in pale blue green. The image I've used is from this weeks sponser, and is the cutest little mouse skiing on an ice-cube! You can find this at Meljens designs here


I've used magnolias lace border die around the edges in pearlescent white cardstock, and then layered on my doodlebug embossed paper and the image, and added some sparkly self adhesive gems to the top left and bottom right corners. Around the doodlebug paper I've tied some pale blue tulle into a knot, and then knotted several more thin strips to it so it sits between the flowers...

The flowers are from wild orchid crafts (cherry blossom blue/cream and cream tea roses) and I am running out. I placed an order a couple of weeks ago but with the snow we've had no post so I am desperate for the postal service to bring me my order - I've opted for some flat gardenias too and am so excited!
The image is a digi which I printed on super smooth card and coloured with copics and whispers strokes markers. I've added tonns of stickles to the ice cube, swirls and his goggles, and 3D gloss to the goggles, his eyes and nose and the ice-cube. On the ski poles I've added crackle glaze. I'm not sure if any of this shows up particularly well but here's a close up...


Recipe

Image - digi design (skiing mouse)
Papers - doodlebug; pearlescent white cardstock
clouring - copics; whispers strokes
Embellishments - blue tulle, self adhesive gems, stickles, 3D gloss, crackle accent glaze (all the Paperlane), flowers (wild orchid crafts)


Thank you so much for having a peek at my card. I wish you all a warmer week of happy crafting!
Lots of hugs. Katy. xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Katy & Wooooooooooooo hooooooooooo you've won Jacques Sunday Sensation!!! x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card katy.the image is fab and i love the punched prame and icy colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning at Sunday Sensations with Jacque Beddingfield. Please contact me at ladydian@shaw.ca.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx