Wednesday 15 December 2010

Some lucky lucky lucky news & My favourite card so far!

Hi ladies and gents, first I just wanted to share some good news I had (drumroll!) Last week I was randomly selected as the winner of Jacque's magnolia-licious candy! Yippeeeee! That means I get $25 to spend at the magnolialicious store - I feel some Christmas/Birthday treats coming on! If you haven't already seen this candy, it is at Jacque's blog HERE and runs every Sunday and closes every Tuesday so that's 3 whole days to join in. You don't have to do ANYTHING other than link with Mr Linky, display the badge (see the purple one in my sidebar?) and become a follower! What could be simpler? And I have to say as someone who rarely wins anything I was thrilled to be selected, and if I can be picked so can you so give it a visit!

Right on with the card... I have to say this is the Christmas card I am most proud of this year, there are a few more to come this week so watch out, but this is my favourite so I hope you like it too..... I made this for the sketch challenge at Creative Inspirations...



I ADORE this Tilda, she's so versatile. I was sent a stamped image of her to use by a bloggy friend (Karen) and after colouring her I am so taken with her I think she might have to be bought ASAP! She's a joy to colour.

I've coloured her with distress inks (except face which I used copics on) and have added some white gel pen to the cross stich on her head scarf, and some clear star sakura gelly roll on the ribbon of the spoon and buttons on her shoes. The image behind her is a gorgeous Molly Bloom stamp which I thought sits well with her and makes it a clear Christmas card with that scrummy looking pud behind!

I added stickles stardust to the frosting on the pudding, and 3D glaze to the teapot, drawer knobs and cups/saucers. I also added stickles to the ornaments in the basket and some clear star gelly roll on the gift tag.

The sentiment is from Kraftin' Kimmie, I got it with the Marie Antoinette stamp and thought it went nicely with this to save me from printing out a sentiment. The lace and the flowers/leaves are all from wild orchid crafts and the ginham ribbon is from East of India (love their ribbon, it's such high quality, if a bit pricey!).

Recipe
Stamps: Magnolia - Tilda with wooden spoon; Molly Bloom - Christmas Table; Kraftin Kimmie - "Let them eat cake!" (from the Marie Antoinette collection)
Colouring: Distress inks, copics. All edges inked with walnut stain.
Glitz: Stickles - stardust and diamond; Sakra gelly Roll - clear star; Gelly roll - white; Viva decor pearl pen - bronze; Anitas 3D gloss
Flowers and lace: All wild orchid crafts
Ribbon: All East of India

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Just Magnolia: Christmas card
Stamp with Fun: Christmas Card
Bunny Zoes Crafts: Sparkle and shine
Creative Card Crew: Anything goes
Allsorts Challenge: last minute Christmas projects
Take Time for You: Christmas
Dutch Dare card challenges: Christmas card/tags

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Great card and a very cute image. Thank you so much for joining us at Take Time for You.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card katy.the images are beautiful and i love your warm rich colours and amazing colouring.lots of fab details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - so much detail!
    Thanks for taking on my Last Minute Christmas challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a fantastic card! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is an absolute delight, i adore every little detail on this.


    good luck in the challenges and wishing you a lovley weekend

    Sarah-Louise x
    Designing for : CCC & CPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolut fantastic! I love your card.
    Thanks for joining us at Take Time for You.
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous!!! great mix of images!!! Loving the colours, the touch of gingham and sparkle....perfect creation! HUgs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on your win Katy, your card is beautiful, I love how you mixed the images...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge and have a very Happy New Year
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx