Wednesday 23 March 2011

Anything but a square... and how guilty do I feel?

Hi Peeps!
This week at CI wednesday challenge we are to make anything but a square card. I've seen some fab templates out there, tea pots, aprons, butterflies etc. but with everything that's happened this week I plumped for the simplest choice and made a scalloped circle easel card...



We are sponsored this week by Sassy Studios and were given their digi images to use - this little cutie is Victorian and she just reminds me of Cinderella or similar fairytale princesses. I think I'll use her again as my friend loves Pride and Prejudice and I think she would make a lovely Elizabeth Bennet!


The brilliant thing about digis is that you can resize them - I don't think this card would have been big enough for my full size Maggies, although I did sneak a Magnolia sentiment in! Lol! The card was made with my scalloped nesties - the largest size I had.


I LOVE these flowers! The one in the centre is a new Magnolia purchase (shhhh) from The Craftz Boutique Magnolia flowers are more expensive than WOC but I just fell in love with these. The stamens are wire too so you can manipulate them into shape where you want them. The dahlias and rose buds are from WOC (love these too!)


The top and bottom of the card are laid out exactly the same. White cardstock, then Magnolias "Something Blue" (wedding collection) and "love letter" (so special collection). All edges are distressed with walnut stain DIs and stickle stardust.


A quick pic of closed card


The image is coloured with distress inks (DIs) as always and I've used stardust stickles on the pleats of her dress.


I know last week I said I didn't have any news for you, well that wasn't strictly true. Peter (my other half) had been moping around the house for over a week with a sore throat. We'd been the doc's (I needed to go as he couldn't talk to explain why we were there!) and he'd been told he had excess fluid and to take antibiotics for a week and return the week after that. So that was last week.
He was grumpy and was making a mess in the house which I was having to clear up when I got in from work, as well as all the other bits n peices (making dinner, hoovering, washing, ironing, lunch box etc) and to be honest when I went to work on Monday I had a bit of a whinge about him being a typical bloke and complaining about a sore throat - come 2am Tuesday morning I was eating my words! He woke me up as he could barely breath and he was unable to drink even the smallest amount of liquid. I dashed him to A&E to be reprimanded for going there with a sore throat initially but then once the doc had looked at him he told us Peter would need his throat syringing as he had Quinsy... So a couple of syringes full of manky smelly puss were taken from inside his throat and he was kept in overnight while they gave him IV antibiotics and ordered him to eat and drink as much as he physically could. I have to say I felt terrible for moaning about him, and have been on a guilt trip all week! Phew, it's cathartic to get the guilt off of my chest! Lol! He's still not feeling too great and he has practically a pharmacy of meds but at least we know what the problem was.



I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Magical Mondays: Shaped cards
Crafts and Me: Anything goes
The Crazy Challenge: No square cards


Thank you so so much for looking and any comments you might leave me, and I'll pop by your blog to say hi! Hugs and wishing you all a fantastic week. Katy. xxx

13 comments:

  1. This is truly very beautiful. I love that sentiment. Wonderful choice of papers and flowers. And the image you used is simply fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear
    that's sweet and very smart... the color combo is lovely, and the paper is stunning! =)
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card. I love the shape you used.

    Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, stunning card katy.love the fab shape and the image is gorgeous and such pretty soft colours and details.
    ouch to your hubby, i hope he feels better soon :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning card! You did a great job with the Victorian image from Sassy Studio Designs.
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't say this was a simple option, stunning I'd use. Great shape, makes me feel I should be far more adventurous with my easel cards. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Die cut challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  7. just beautiful! Loving the shape of the card, and I love the image the beautiful soft colours and the touch of sparkle!!! stunning creation! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh... this is an absolutely adorable image and card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafts and Me challenges! hope to see you again next week! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful card love the little woman very cute.
    -Kwerky Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absoloutely stunning!!! Thank you for playing along at The Crazy Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is gorgeous,I love the elegance and design! Thanks for playing along with the Your Next Stamp Challenge "Make It Sparkle"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous Katy! I love how you put glitter on the folds of her dress! No wonder you love those flowers, they are beautiful. I hope Peter is on the mend.
    hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx