Wednesday 10 November 2010

Think Pink for Christmas!

Hi Guys and Gals, firstly I'd like to say another huge thank you to some more recent followers (you know who you are!) and also for the lovely messages I have received over the last few weeks, I LOVE reading them and I really appreciate it. Now onto this weeks Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge! The theme is pink Christmas, so I thought this lovely Tilda would be perfect...


I had to take a few photos, as you know photography = not my strong point!


                                                            
I used white embossing powder around the edges, and punched out several sized snowflakes adorning them with pink gems. The greeting is from papermania. I used Martha Stewarts heart doily punch and snipped the edges to allow me to curl it around a circle, this shows up better below...


I've added some viva decor pearl pen in white to cover the snips up a little, and also on the brackets. The charm on one bracket is from craftsulove and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I've also added some startdust stickles around Tildas feet and under her dress at the bottom.

Recipe:
Stamps: Tilda with Vintage Roses; Papermania
Dies/punches: MS optic dot, MS doily hearts; Magnolia Tag; snowflakes (unknown)
Colouring: distress inks and copics (skin)
Sparkles/pearls: stickles startdust; viva decor pearl pen (white), gems (stash)
Flowers (wild orchid crafts)
Charm (craftsulove), cord (the bead shop in Brighton - a holiday purchase!!)


Thank you so much for looking and I appreciate any comments.
Have a fantastic week, and Happy Crafting!
Hugs, Katy. xxx

I wish to enter this card into the following challenges:
Magnolia-licious - pink and yellow
Cute card Thursday: Anything goes
I did it Creations Challenge: Holiday colour mix up (Easter pastels)
Crafty Anne's Challenge: Non-traditional colours
ABC Challenge: H is for Holidays!
Creative Belli: Something old (paper and punch) something new (stamp)
Sarah Hurley Challenge: Easel Cards

33 comments:

  1. Stunning creation!!!
    I love the pink you piked, and all the pearls... it very precious!!
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning, a really beautiful creation I luv it!

    Good luck in the challenges!

    xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is gorgeous, love it so much.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is totally STUNNING!!! A truly beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,absolute;y stunning card hun.beautiful tilda and i love you heart border and fabulous pretty pink colours.your details are fantastic, i love it :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this is so very gorgeous Katy. Beautiful creation :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Katy...how gorgeous!! I love the soft pink colors...and the sparkle!! This Tilda is just perfect for a pink holiday card!! The MS heart punch around the image is perrrrrfect! Love how you've hung the charm with a rustic string!! Love the embossed edges...I am definitely going to try that soon too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in this new challenge! YAY! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, what a gorgeous card. Love this adorable Tilda and your colouring of her is beautiful. Love your use of the border punch around the circle. Your flowers are fabby. Thanks for joining in our very first Magnolia-licious challenge.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I love how you framed your image with that heart border punch - really sweet! Love those sparkling snowflakes too! Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Katy. Love the white embossing round the edges and the pink pearly stuff around the MS edging - some really neat ideas here. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great card, love the punches!!! thanks for joining us at IDIC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful! Love the pearls, hearts, and flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Linda C-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! Tilda is coloured wonderfully!
    I adore your heart punch around the circle and your wonderful snowflakes and your viva pearl pen looks great :o)
    Thank you for joining Magnolia-licious CHALLENGE Blog's first challenge....
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great coloring! I love the bling! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh WOW Katy, this is gorgeous hun! I think I like pink for Christmas! :)
    hugs & blessings!

    Thanks for joining Belli!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is soooooo beautiful - everything about it spells pretty.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pink Christmas cards and this is just gorgeous! I love that beautiful border you've made. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck, hope to see you again soon
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning Katie! I love what you've done with the Martha Stewart punch. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's and like Claire says, I hope we'll see you again soon.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like pink for Christmas this is a very sweet but elegant card. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous easel card Katy! Love the soft feel to the card and the heart frame around the image is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at Magnolia-licious and we look forward to many submissions from you. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love to see these Magnolia stamps out and about nowadays, not only in Sweden... Such a darling card and a very good take on the holiday color mix up I´d say!!!
    Thank you and hope to see you again at our challenges at I did it creations.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card. Love all the little details you added to it. Thanks for playing at IDIC.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is utterly gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us for Crafty Ann's first birthday celebration

    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a gorgeous card. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh what a wonderful card... Love it :)

    Thank you for joining us at IDIC.

    Hugs Gurkiss


    http://gurkiss.com/scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  26. this card is just gorgeous so much detail. Thanks for sharing this week at abc challenge.

    clare

    you could enter sarah hurley challenges theme easel card

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just BEAUTIFUL! I love the soft pretty pink colors and all the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful Card! Thank you for joining us on the Magnolia-Licious Challenge Blog!!
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just gorgeous card. I love the soft pinks, your heart border with pearl dots. Your coloring is beautiful too! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog with your kind words!!!
    hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just love this, its so sweet and georgeus! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow wow wow!
    this is amazing! A gorjuss image and stunning wee card!
    Thanks for joining the fun over on Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous design it's simply stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card!

    Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx