Wednesday 17 November 2010

Surprise Pop-up Sledging Edwin!

Hi everyone! I've been busy trying to create a card for the Creative Inspirations challenge of "Winter Woodland". I didn't have any woodland stamps so raided my stamp collection and found a Christmas tree stamp in one of my papermania stamp sets. It had text underneath so I've simply not added any ink to that bit, and layered the stamp up using less ink for the background. Here's the result...
I've covered the ground and parts of the trees in 2 layers of white flock and have gone over this with stardust stickles. I thought sledging Edwin was perfect to sit in front of this background! I wanted to do something a bit different with this, so instead of a classic card, I've gone for a surprise pop up, here's the card closed...

And then when you pull the ribbon tag that you can see poking out at the top you get this...

Here's a view straight on with the card open...

The sentiment is from the small sentiment set at papermakeup stamps (I got mine from Quixotic Paperie) and I've used a quickutz label die with some eyelets to hang the charm off. The sentiment in the window is from the papermania Christmas stamp set.

Recipe:
Stamps: Sledging Edwin (Magnolia); let it snow (papermakeup stamps); Wishing you..., and tree (Papermania)
Colouring: copics and distress inks
Dies/punches: MS lace doily pounch; quickutz labels
Ebellishments: (charm, ribbon, lace, staples, eyelets - all stash), flock (Paperlane), stickles stardust, crackle glaze (on sledge) and Sukura gelly (stardust) on edwins jacket.

Thank you so much for looking and any comments, each one is greatly appreciated.
Happy Crafting!
Hugs. KatyBoo. xxx

I would like to enter this card into the folowing challenges:
One stop challenge: Pop-ups
Sir Stampalot: Christmas Traditions (sledging!)

9 comments:

  1. Katy this is STUNNING I love it x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very beautiful dear!!! =)
    I like it so much!
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is absolutely fantastic katy.love the scene behind the fab edwin and stunning papers and colours.
    i love this :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever card - and good idea to ink up only the part of the stamp you want. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is stunning it really is a suprise the way it pops up. I love it very much.
    thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy

    What a pretty card and loving the colour combo.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x
    Stampalot voucher to be won here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy I've left a surprise for you on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy,
    Wauw, you make great things! This card is so beatiful, I love the suprise sentiment.
    I'm so happy that you want to follow my blog. I don't know what's wrong with the following gadget, I hope you want to come back sometime and try it again! :-) Thanks for letting me know hun.
    Hugs Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant idea, love your pop up card. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx