Wednesday 1 December 2010

No cards allowed week at Creative Inspirations

Well hello again, I'm writing this on Sunday to overcome the internet difficulties I faced last week - fingers crossed! This week at Creative Inspirations it's no cards allowed, so I thought I'd have a go at making a cracker shaped gift box... Here is the end product and some closer views...

You cannot really tell from the photo, but the cardstock is a really shimmery pearlescent dazzle white, which has been edged at every crease (which took AGES) with fluid chalk ink pink. The lace I got from Boyes (I love it in there, real treasure trove of goodies!) and think it just adds that extra something. There's also some heart ribbon (Boyes) and pink gingham ribbon (East of India) over that underneath Tilda. The white ribbon is from the Paperlane. The paper is from magnolia, and I've gone around the sides with my viva decor pearl pen in ice white (my favourite item at the moment!).

This is Tilda with Christmas tree, she's a full length image but I've just used a small secion and cute her out with my circle nesties. The scalloped border is some gorgeous paper I got from Hobbycraft ages ago, and had a scrap left over at just the right size! I've added viva decor pearls and pink gems to the tree to match the pink and white colour theme, and then cut two smaller flowers with my magnolia lace flowers die. I've learned that this needs a couple of goes through the cuttlebug to cut completely, and afterwards you need to pop the holes out with a pin. Although time consuming, I do think it's worth it! I've popped a white rose in the centre and 2 rosebuds either side to complete (all flowers from wild orchid crafts)

On the other sides are snowflakes from marianne D dies. These have been covered in white flock, and chalked with fluid ink at the edges, before a giant gem added to the centre - scrummy! I love glitz!

I thought I would try to add a tutorial for this too, so I'm gonna attempt that over the next few days - wish me luck!
Happy Crafting!
Hugs
Katy.
xxx

I would like to enter this project in the following competitions:
Bunny Zoes Crafts: Christmas but not a card
Make it crafty: anything but a card
Fussy and fancy Friday: anything but a card

8 comments:

  1. wow this is fantastic katy.the tilda is gorgeous and i love the beautiful pink colours and lace :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Katy! love the colours!! hugs carlyann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece of work is Stunningly beautiful.
    /Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning can't wait for the tutorial. Sue xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh, i adore this!!! i would LOVE to see a tutorial. i think the doohickeys and flowers you used are the perfect touch around your image. thank you so much for joining in our fun challenge this week at Make it Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!
    I also wanted to let you know that I have some yummy blog candy on my blog!

    http://tammyleestampcorner.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-candy-now.html

    Tammylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo pretty! I love all the details and Tilda looks perfect centre stage. Thanks for joining us at Make it Crafty. hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. utterly gorgeous and so creative! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx