Sunday 19 December 2010

Santa Edwin

Hi everyone, have you all had more snow? We've had some overnight and are supposed to be getting more later today... I'm not sure about you but I'm ready for summer now! Lets hope it's a good one!

Anyway, onto the card... I wanted to use my new Santa Edwin reading the Christmas list, but because he's sitting down was wondering what to sit him on. Then I looked at one of my Molly Bloom stamps of a bauble and thought this might look quite good so here's the result!


I've used crackle glaze on the bauble and some gold embossing powder and then added loads of stickles stardust to the ribbon. The stripey papers have had MS doily punch on the ends, and I've used Magnolias doily flowers in the corners with a rose in the centre from wild orchid crafts. The "Dear Santa" is from the paperpack,  I think it's a Kaiserkraft Christmas pack. There's a sheet of vellum behind the image, and around the edges I've used a viva decor pearl pen in bronze. The ribbon is from East of India.


I coloured Edwin and the bauble in distress inks, and added white flock to the fluffy areas of his cuffs, collar and hat. Everything has glimmer mist on it in pearlescent gold.

I hope you like him!

I'm off to make a start on Sunday lunch now so take care and wrap up warm everyone and I'll see you later in the week with another last minute Christmas card or two! Hugs and happy crafting. Katy. xxx

3 comments:

  1. It's just started to snow again here - just a light dusting as yet but the afternoon is young! Love the card, it's a good composition and the colour combination is great. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fabulous card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx