Monday 13 September 2010

Princess Tilda and my first ever competition win!

I made this card for a competition at my local craft shop The Paperlane in Northallerton, UK, you can visit their website on http://www.thepaperlane.co.uk/ They sell the wonderful Magnolia stamps and Molly Blooms, plus Gorjuss girls and many more crafty materials besides, they're fab! I was lucky enough to win their monthly competition in June entitled "June Bug" with this card, the only rule was to include a handmade bug of some descript - hence the butterfly!


The butterfly was coloured from chipboard with Tim Holtz crackle paint weathered wood, then triple embossed and sequins and beads were added while the embossing powder was wet. I hope you like her!                   
  I had some problems with this card though, I used some glimmer mist and it curled my papers so they didn't sit as flush as I'd've liked, any hints and tips on this greatly received!   I've distressed everything with walnut stain distress ink and have added stickles on the edge of all my papers. I've also used glittered embossing powder and a versamark pen for her dress, and added glitter to her gloves and socks. To finish everything off I've added perfect pearls to her crown and to the buttons on her shoes!                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx