Saturday 18 September 2010

Autumn Edwin!

Another addition on this Saturday evening! We have the fair where I live at the moment so I'm trapped in my house as we can't use the road (it's full of fairground rides and hoardes of people!) so instead today I had a play with two stamps I'd not yet used, sitting edwin, and the watering can. My Docrafts buddy Caroline suggested I make a card with an autumn colour theme and enter it into a design team competition, so I'm hoping for some feedback on this one before I go ahead!
You can't really tell from the photograph but I've used martha stewarts optic dot border punch near the bottom of the card. I've added some crackle gloss once again to the watering can, I just thought it makes it look a bit aged and rusty! You can see that a bit better below...

Sorry for the sheen on this, I can't work my camera either! Lol! I'm not sure how to turn the flash off so hence the ultra shiny appearance! You can sort of see tha crackle though...
I added some glitter to Edwins wings too, I thought he looked a bit plain next to the watering can without it.

I've used a butterfly punch and a maple leaf punch too, punching out vellum for the leaves at the bottom and the little butterflies on top. I scrunched the leaves a bit before gluing them down to make them look a bit more like autumn leaves dropped from a tree.
Well that's all for today, hope everyone is having a lovely week, and happy crafting!
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Katie it is STUNNING ....Pleeeeeeaseeeeeee enter!!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. an absolutely gorgeous card, your blog is lovely, im now a follower
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous hun! love it, love it, love it!!!
    Take care Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work hun! Good Luck with our DT Call! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy its gorgeous as is all your cards. Enjoy the week. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very lovely! Your coloring is fab and the glitter fits so perfect! Why you do just have 6 followers??? Now it´s one more :-). Thanks for playing with us at Stempel Magie! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Your card is adorable!

    Thanks for playing with us at Cutie Sunday!

    Hugs
    Marushy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work!
    Your card is gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week.

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Katy...I'm now following you hun xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx