Saturday 18 September 2010

The countdown to Christmas begins...

This is my first magnolia Christmas card, with the lovely Tilda holding a Christmas tree!
I wanted a faded background on this so I edged it with Distress crackle paint in tattered rose, I need some more practice with this technique but it is similar to the effect I was after!

I also added glitter on Tildas halo thingy (not sure if that's what it is or if it is a headband, any ideas please let me know!) and to the tree. I also added some 3D gloss as baubles to the tree, and some crackle gloss to her boots to mirror the edged crackle theme. I think I need more time to get to like this one, not too sure at the moment! Let me know what you think, and thank you to everyone who left a lovely message this week - I thank you all for your patience while I learn! Ha ha!

3 comments:

  1. WOW Katy this is gorgeous....I dont know why Im suprised all your cards are gorgeous!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy this is stunning.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Katy!, just soooo gorgeous I love it :o)
    Take care Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx