Wednesday 27 April 2011

What a beautiful week we've had!



Hi everyone - what a gorgeous sunny week we've had! I've managed to read two books whilst sitting in the sun relaxing it's been that gorgeous! The house is a tip mind but priorities are making the most of it while it lasts! He he!

This week at CI we're challenging you to make spring coloured cards using GREEN, PINK and YELLOW. I used the gorgeous sketch from MDUC as inspiration....




Here's mine:



Stamp: Magnolia Tilda with heart lace


Colouring: DI's; White gel pen; stardust stickles


Dies: Spellbinders doily circle; Magnolia tag
Punches: MS border lace, MS lattice


Flowers and leaves: WOC and Magnolia. Pearl sprays Hobbycraft
Pearl Brads: stash


Sentiment: Stempelglede "just a note" collection
Charms, twine and ribbon: stash


And finally a pic of the card with the tag removed!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
MDUC: Sketch

I hope you like her, it's the first time I've inked her up and I'm not happy with how her hair turned out so might have to use her again soon to have more of a play!

Have a fabby week, and if you're watching it enjoy the Royal Wedding on Friday! Or simply just enjoy the day off! Lol!

I look forward to reading any comments and I will pop by your blogs to comment later in the week.
Hugs and bunting! Katy. xxx


7 comments:

  1. Awww, this is really sweet card hun. Great take on that sketch. I know you said you aren't too happy about the hair, but I think you did a great job coloring Tilda! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fantastic katy.the tilda is so pretty and i love your beautiful colours and details.so girly :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy! Just love the layout and the tag - the Stemplglede sentiment is lovely...may have to go and treat myself to some of those!! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is gorgeous! Your colouring is fab, especially the hair and the grass, it looks SO real! beautiful papers and flowers and decorated perfectly!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a gorgeous card, I love your papers and your colouring looks so gorgeous... Thanks so much for playing along this week at MDUC:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card!!!
    Thank you for playing this weeks challenge at MDUC.hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy,

    I am still playing catchup in blogland at the mo, I have loved taking a look round your blog to look at all your fab creations that I have missed. thank you for all the inspiration!

    I loved your tent card and the way you created the swing. just so creative and such stunning results.

    I love this card too, the colours are just divine and I adore her yellow dress!!! love the floral detail and the little tag is just the perfect finishing touch.

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx