Wednesday, 16 March 2011

1st attempt with my new sweet pea stamp!

Hi everyone! I've nothing interesting to share with you this week, so it's just straight to the card! Lol!
This week there's a fab sketch at CI Wednesday challenge by the lovely and talented Nat, here's the sketch


I have rotated this 90 degrees clockwise and came up with this...


I have inked up one of my new Sweet Pea stamps from the Paperlane in Northallerton, and I can just tell she's gonna be one of my favourites of this year!

The papers are K & Co and magnolia. I've sewn and distressed with walnut stain all but the turquise section, instead with this one I used doily punch from MS and added tons of stardust stickles.
Lace is from WOC (horizontal) and from my birthday goodies from the gorgeous Mona (vertical)

As always the image is coloured with DI's. I've added tons of stardust stickles to wings and moon, and some clear star gel pen to her clothing and leaves.

This weeks prize is a selection of floral ribbons from Crafty Ribbons so I do hope you can play along.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Crafts: Punches and/or die cuts
Creative Card Crew: green
Fab n Funky challenges: Green
For Fun Challenges: Green
The Pixie Cottage: Green
Creative Stamper: lace
House of Gilli: pastels and bling
Magical Monday: Spring colours
Well, that's all from me for now.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a great week. Hugs. Katy. xxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi Katy, this is so very nice. I love the Sweet Pea Stamps!! The colors are great, very nice coloring!! Love the startdust yoy have added!! Hugs Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy :) I just love the sweet pea stamps!! Your coloring is great, and the layout is very nice!! Have a great day!! Hugs Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card katy.the image is so beautiful and i love how you have coloured her so delicately.fabulous sparkle and design too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the glittery wings. Very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so pretty! Thanks so much for entering the House of Gilli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Kathy
    that's beautiful I like all the punched edgges, and the colors.... very nice all!!!
    Thanks for joining us at the pixie cottage
    hugs
    sadia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie: this is my kinda card! I love it! The lace and flowers are just gorgeous, and your colouring and glitter is so delicate! The image is beautiful.... thanks so much for playing at For Fun Challenges this week! I hope you join us again!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and gorgeous image. Colouring is lovely and very nice details. Thanks for playing along at Magical Mondays
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Katy this is so, so, beautiful!
    Stunning card!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, I love the stamp and all the glitter.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Dieing to Punch Challenge!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I came from Creative Card Crew's blog, just joined today for the first time. Love the image, so whimsical and mysterious! :)

    Debbie, Crafty Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, and such soft green. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy, what a gorgeous card. I have some Sweet Pea stamps - a few more on their way - but she's still my favourite thus far. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card!Beautiful coloring of the image ;) Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage this week!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous image and the colors are perfect... beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katy,

    I am catching up on all your beautiful creations I missed while I was away...as always gorgeous work!!

    Love this one, beautiful image and I love the soft colours and the sparkle!

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Katy. Really lovely card! Very pretty details. Thanks for joining us at F'n'F xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your coloring and sparkles ! Tks for playing with us at House of GILLI this week ! Hugs,Yone

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your coloring and sparkles on the card ! Tks for joining us at House of GILLI Challenge this week ! Hugs, Yone

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx