Wednesday, 16 February 2011

A Greeting of Love!

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the get well messages, I only have a bit of a cough left so am nearly at full health once again! Whoopie! Although, I did nearly fall in our pond last night which would have been disastrous! Lol! A fighter jet training exercise of three jets flew from nowhere over our house and I nearly jumped in the pond in fright - those things are damn loud, and they came from nowhere! Peter popped his head out of the window to find me cowering like a frightened sheep! Oh dear... I guess it's aclear indication I would be no good in the RAF! LOL!

Well enough of my blonde moments, this weeks challenge at CI is a colour challenge... Red, White and Pink! I was a bit worried that it might turn out a bit gaudy but am quite pleased with my result this week, here's what I came up with...



The papers are from magnolia, I got mine (vintage rose and vintage lace) from the Glitter Pot and then edged them with walnut stain and sewed. Theres a circle and scalloped cirle in the centre (both nesties). The flowers and leaves are wild orchid crafts.

The beautiful image and sentiment are of course Magnolia. I've used Distress Inks to colour and then I cut along her wings and popped them out a bit to get some dimension. 


 I've added stickles stardust to her wings and underneath her feet. The gems and the ribbon are from my stash and I can't remember where i got these (sorry).


I hope you like her!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Just Magnolia: Anything goes + ribbon
Stamptacular Sundays: Hearts Gone Wild
Papertake Weekly: Have a heart
Scrapbook sisters: My Valentine
Stampin' royalty: hearts hearts and more hearts
Spoonful of Sugar: lets see some love!
Really reasonable ribbon: Red, pink, white and love
Crafty Purple Frog: Valentines day/romance
Cooking it up with Katie: use some red, add some ribbon and don't forget the corners!




Take care everyone and I hope you have a less clumsy week than I seem to be having (blonde moments galore!) Happy crafting! Katy. Hugs. XXX



23 comments:

  1. hi katy, simply gorgeous card!!! The soft colour combo is lovely... and I like all the details...
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card hun :) Please check out my blog there is a little something there for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy.....I laughed soooo much when I heard you nearly jumped in the pond cos I woke wit a right fright this morning as the builder outside my window was whistling!!! Still find that odd being in a flat, how can he be outside my window LOL......I LOve everything about your car its gorgeous as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous, wonderful Tilda and details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. a really pretty card Katy, fab papers and the little heart embellies are so sweet, your tilda looks beautifully coloured. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so gorgeous hun, sweet tilda and fabby dp's and layout too :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card katy.the tilda is so pretty and i love your beautiful papers and embellies :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card how cute is tilda! love the DP thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty card!! Love the papers and beautiful colors! She is darling too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Magnolia!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and so sweet.
    Thankyou for playing along with us at MDUC this week
    love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! So sweet and beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! And lovely colouring:)♥
    Thank you for joining MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie and ASFOS :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet angel. I really like your ribbon treatment. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! That image is so sweet and I love her wings! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness this is utterly beautiful!
    Coloured to perfection and gorgeous details!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh this is sooooo beautiful, Katy! Gorgeous colouring and Tilda is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful Valentine's card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card, such a cute image and beautiful colouring!! Thank you for joining us at this weeks Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya Katy glad you are feeling better and kept dry lol :D This is such a gorgeous card I love that Tilda I am going to have to give in and get her.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple frog and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So, so ,so pretty! love all the elements! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so beautiful, Love the soft colours and the gorgeous velvet ribbon! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable cards! I love the way you name cars!

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx