Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Shaker Card

Well it's another week, another theme from Creative Inspirations! This week it's "Shaker Cards" - I don't mind telling you I was a little nervous about this one as I've not made one before, so here's my first attempt.......

I must apologise for the faded effect of the image, it is much bolder in real life but the acetate kept reflecting the light away! I have definately learned some things along the way: firstly I have used too much "shake"! I think half the amount of beads and sequins would have been more effective. Secondly I need to be a bit more delicate when securing to avoid slight buckling of the card, it's not noticeable to anyone else but me apparently but I know it's there and it bugs me! 
To make up for the poor quality photo here's a closer view of Edwin and Tilda


Again the light has reflected off the image but at least you can see the shading and sparkles a bit more clearly!

Recipe

Papers: bobunny, GCMD; acetate
Colouring: Distress inks (clothes - peeled paint, fired brick, weathered wood, old paper, aged mahogony); copics (skin)
Sparkle: stickles - diamond (edging); stardust (Tildas clothes)
Embellishments: ribbon (East of India); leaves and flowers(stash); pearls (viva decor in salmon);
gold staples, cord, beads and sequins (stash)
Die cuts: magnolia doohicky tag; spellbinders fancy tags

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:
One stop craft challenge: Anything goes
Paper Pretties: Square cards
Wee Memories: Anything goes
Magnolia-licious: Shaker card
Wild Orchid Challenge: Classic Christmas (red green and gold)



6 comments:

  1. WOW this is stunning Katy!! I'd never have guessed your first attempt! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! love the beads and equins in the shaker! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Katy, your colouring is simply superb!
    Thanks for taking part in the OSCC Blog Hop this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Like you, I'd be nervous of doing a shaker card having not ever made one before but now I've seen yours I might give it a try. Love the sequins, etc., and the colouring is fab. Elizabeth #98

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so gorgeous. Love it.
    Such a great details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic card katy.beautiful image and colouring and i love your shaker :D
    gorgeous traditional colours too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

If you have the time to leave me a comment I would love you to do so, they keep me motivated! Hugs. Katy. xxx